Sunday, April 30, 2006

1st Workout since the RKC

Sunday April 30, 2006

It's been a week since the RKC. I feel good, and have been eating well to let the body recover. I have been going a little stir crazy not hitting the KBs since I went with the family to visit friends in Michigan right after the cert. We even went into Windsor, Canada since it is right across the bridge from Detroit.

CAUTION: Despite what it says on the internet, definitely bring your birth certificate or your passport. You will face major delays trying to get back in over the border.

Workout:

Joint Mobility Drills (did the whole Steve Maxwell tape:20 mins. He is an awesome person. Quite inspiring.)

BWO dead hang pullups 5 x 5 (body weight 204.5 lbs)

Double Clean and Press (long cycle) 2-24kg 5 x 5

Double Front Squat 2-24kg 5 x 5

Windmills 16 kg 3 x 3

I am paying serious attention to strict form. Pressurize the abs, shoulders sucked in the socket, pulling down with the hip flexors, opening up the chest, push out/hinge the hips, breathe behind the shield.

I feel good in the summer night! I just have to get some mosquito spray!

2 comments:

Tommy Shook said...

Awesome workout pete! I am actually doing a very similar one twice a week and a "smoker" 2 other days...good stuff!

Pete said...

Tom,

Thanks for checking out the blog! Will you have one set up?
I hope so, I would love to see what you are doing!