Tuesday, November 07, 2006

OK, Getting back into it.




Week 3 on the Revolution La Jolla Fat Loss System w/kettlebells was sidelined last week. So today marked my first real workout since the accident. I wanted to feel fully recovered before jumping back into things.

Today was a run day with the recruits, but I had to swing my kettlebells! SO i did some HOC instead of a regular run. It felt good to swing the 24kg, and I did 8 sets 440 w/10 swings (16 and 24kg)

It was a rough weekend as my 8 month old had a nasty ear infection. Poor little baby made sure no one got any sleep these past 4 nights!

I have a very BELATED THANK YOU to Ken Black for coming to the academy a couple of weeks ago! As always, Ken helped some of the recruits make fantastic strength discoveries for themselves. I thought I had some good pics, but I did not have as many as I thought. I am very fortunate to have Ken live so close and be willing to come out and train recruits with me. They really love the workouts that Ken puts together. I hope that they continue to train with this performance focus in mind when they leave the academy.

I got my treadmill fixed properly (finally!) Just in time for the winter season! (of course it's nothing like La Jolla in the winter! ;)

happy to train, for training is to live!

5 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Pete, great photos! Awesome to see you and Ken giving the recruits the coaching. Keep up the diet and the training. Staying lean and getting lean really come down to very basic and simple truths. Have a great week!

Keep it up brother!

Mark Reifkind said...

agreed great photos, ken is da man! looks like a great group and stellar weather. fun stuff

Ken Black said...

Always a pleasure Pete:)
Hey were getting a few together Sat morning you up for it?

Thanks Rif;)

Franz Snideman said...

Pete,

updates bro?

Mark Reifkind said...

yes updates please!