Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Update



I have been running 7.5 mile hill runs on the weekends, and I range 4-5 miles during the week. I will get 3-4 training runs in during the week, and I will do some basic kettlebell lifting/push-pull weight training on a non run day. Nutrition is getting better as I see a major difference in my ability to run further each week. I am a tortoise, no doubt about it, but I am slowly getting faster, and I do not hurt the way I used to in previous running attempts. I am up to almost 20 miles a week now.

I view this simply as a new experience. I am still not a huge running fan, but I am certainly more understanding why people are fans. I enjoy running with a group, but I find that I also really enjoy the solitude of a solo run, especially surrounded by nature.

I peeked my head in on the kettlebell world that I have quietly grown silent in. I saw that there are still very positive people out there, training hard and having fun. And then there are the other negatives that plague it. Quite humorous, really.

I have been studying hostage negotiations/crisis intervention. Good stuff, much applications in dealing with regular people as well!

Enjoy the clip...it is "Transmission" by Joy Division. yes, I am a retro kind of person! If you didn't know...Joy Division lost its lead singer to suicide, then they became New Order.

No comments: