Thursday, April 19, 2007

New PR!

Had a kick-butt workout today and at the end of it, hit a PR in pullups! I did 20 pullups for the first time in my life at a BW of 199.

I ended up doing two workouts today, first by myself, then I got hit up by my SSD PT instructor counterparts who asked me to join them. Who was I to say no?

Workout 1

swings 16 kg
45 swings (2 hand and 1 hand L/R) Round 1
55 Swings (") Round 2
65 Swings (") Round 3
55 Swings (") Round 4
Rest time ranged btwn 60secs. and 180 secs.

Clean
32kg 5 sets of 5 L/R

OHS
Oly bar
5x5
Oly bar + 10 lbs
2 x 5
TGU
Oly Bar

1 x 3 L/R

Team workout
4 stations of tire flips x 5, sled pulls x 10, KB C& J x 5 L/R and tire skedgehammer slans ( 5L/R)

The 4 stations were set up on a standard running track. How many rounds in 20 mins?
I did 4 rounds.
Then,
OH KB waiter walk
50 yds L/R

TGU
24kg 3 x 2 L/R

THEN, we went back to the pullup bar where I hit my best pullups number, ever. 20.

(Earlier in the week: treadmill interval runs Sun. and Tues. C & P TNT cables 3 magenta, Mon. got a Bosu ball and started playing around with it. Wed. was a quick 15 minute swings workout. )

The world is getting crazier, but the sheepdogs are keeping the wolves at bay. Stay sharp to your surroundings, and "it is better to fight on our feet, than surrender on our knees. Stand tall!

6 comments:

Tommy Shook said...

Nice Pete, congrats on pulling down a PR despite some hectic conditions lately. Stay strong bro!

Franz Snideman said...

Pete, that is awesome. You have some serious strength endurance brother!

My PR is 17 and that was at a BW of 167. You rock!

Pete said...

Thanks Tom and Franz! Good to hear from you. I will be going to Dimensions workshop next week in Del Mar, and it is going to be busy! :( If I had the chance to do it again....I don't know...this has taken over my life this past year. Thanks for staying in touch.

Royce said...

Daaang man that looks like a pretty serious workout!
Congrats on the PR it's pretty impressive.

Pete said...

Thanks for checking it out Royce!

Mark Reifkind said...

nice workout pete and great pr! glad to see you back hitting it hard.