Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Away from the Numbers

To quote The Jam circa 1977-78.

I have been away from the blogosphere but not away from training. No excuses, but I have thought of you all, and have checked your blogs from time to time.

Training with the recruits, last official day with the senior class yesterday before their 5 mile run final. Had a 1RM snatch test, and many were able to easily snatch the bulldog! I was stoked for them. I used that energy and snatched/windmilled the bulldog. (Never tried it before, just fed off their energey, and got a windmill PR)

Got my cholesterol reading when I was at Cooper and was dismayed to find my HDL was below 40 mg/dl. NOT GOOD. Making changes to food intake, as well as paying more attention to my cardio based training as opposed to focusing on power lifts for now.

In a nutshell, pushups, pullups, clean and presses with the TNT cables, JM drills and treadmill interval running have been the mainstays for the past few weeks. Have not done much KB since I got back from Dallas. Don't know why. I know the stress is building up exponentially with 2 academies, and the Dimension workshop 3 weeks away for MIDP.

Still keeping the body moving! Sorry I missed Shook at Ken's seminar. An expected situation arose which prevented me from attending Ken's seminar, and I know that a good time was had by all.

I am still here, my brothers, just a little under the radar for the time being. At the end of MIDP, things will definitely change.

5 comments:

Tommy Shook said...

Pete, good to hear from you...been waiting for a new post. Sorry We missed each other last week, it was a good time. Sounds like you have been drinking from the fire hose lately! Stay strong bro and keep a smile on your face, your doing good and important things.

Franz Snideman said...

Awesome brother! Always great to see you on the blog.

Get some omega-3's you for your cholesterol. Carlson's Fish oil is great. Stay away from the refined foods and sugars.

alex said...

Take it, honey, said Uncle Mose. http://www.google.com..

Joe Sarti said...

Good to have you back. Look forward to those numbers changing into a good thing. ;-)

Keep making a difference

Pete said...

Thanks brothers-

Tom, one of these days you are up, I will be there to get my butt kicked by you and Ken! :)

Franz-got my fish oil and my flaxseed oil, and I have seriously restructured dietary intake. Nothing like health risks to make you sit up and notice.

Joe- good to hear from you! I thought of you the other day with my new class. I have an MMA fighter and a former Div. 1 wrestler in this current class. They are animals! I have got to get you and Ken both here:)