Sunday, April 13, 2008

Academy Workout

I work as a PT instructor for the Los Rios Community College Police acdaemy as well. They are a motivated bunch of recruits who pay their own way through the academy. This academy has a special place in my heart since this is the same academy that I had went through as a recruit in 1993. (many moons ago, grasshoppa). In the back of their classroom is an award I am proud of, "Most Inspirational" voted on by my academy classmates of Class 13. It reminds me of the great importance we can have on influencing others in a positive (or negative) way.

A circuit both classes did last week. 30 seconds work/30 seconds rest. 90 seconds rest per round/4 rounds.

1. Concept II row
2. DB or KB press/ alt. press
3. Jump rope
4. Physioball situps
5. KB around the body pass
6. Dynamax ball burpee/sprawl wall slam
7. D-ball slams

I did the workout with my recruits while I let my second handle the whistle. It was a good day!

2 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Nice session Pete! Awesome that you are branching out to work with other police academy's!

Pete said...

Good times Franz!