Saturday, June 10, 2006

Still going strong on the WD!

Funny how it is. If you don't think about eating, you focus on other things. If all you think about is your next meal in two-three hours, then you get a little obsessed. I think it has helped me, going through a fasting period in the past. I have read Paul Bragg's book on fasting. If you are unfamiliar with Paul Bragg, he is the nutritionist who inspired Jack LaLanne to follow a lifetime of fitness and healthy eating. Paul practiced what he preached, and he died in his 90's. How did he die? He died while body surfing in Hawaii! Paul and Jack, men in their 90s and still active is how I want to live when I die. We all have to die, but the quality of life in your later years means so much. I have known many bitter people who live in the past. When their past is shorter than the bitter years alive, I can't help but feel sorry for them.

I finally took the plunge and got Lasik surgery. I have been wearing glasses since I was 8 years old. 30 years later, I have 20/20 vision when it was 20/800. Thank you Dr. Liang of Sacramento!

I will take a break from my training for a few days until I feel comfortable going back to training. I will get on the treadmil for some short sprints and/or walking just to keep the body moving, and of course my joint mobility drills.

Earlier workouts:
Wed:
JM drils
C & P long cycle:
Ladders (1,2,3,4,5) X 1
(1,2,3,4) X 3

Thurs:
JM drills
Snatch ladders 24kg
5-10-5-10-5-10

That's all she wrote. I did the workout prior to the "feast" to mimic the feast after the kill! (beat your chest and proclaim your territory! :)

No comments: