Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sunday workout....had to do something!

The LASIK surgery worked liked gangbusters! I saw 20/15 later that afternoon, then a self check at the Costco today showed I had 20/10. Not too bad considering I was practically blind! Dr. Liang is a master at what he does. I slept most of Saturday, and slept in late this morning. Still staying strong on the Warrior Diet. Today's underfeeding consisted of water, coffee, handful of raw almonds, 6 oz organic blueberry yogurt, and a small handful of raspberries.

I just had my workout which consisted of:

JM drills
C&P rite of passage ladder
(1,2,3) x 6

Treadmill sprints
30 secs sprint/30 secs recovery x 15 variable speeds
(6mph/7mph/8mph/9mph/10mph) x 3
I started off slow since I wasn't sure how I would react after the eye surgery. So far so good! I can't wait to head down to my old stomping grounds....Southern California! I am looking for a good breakfast (not a WD day) at Swami's in Encinitas!

I posted my bio on Dragon Door (finally got the hang of html...somewhat). It is very cool to know you are an official RKC. Keeps me motivated to train!

5 comments:

Tommy Shook said...

Nice going Pete, sounds like the Lasik was a big success, I'm happy for you.
Enjoy your breakfast at Swami's..that brings back memories from a past life! I miss SoCal sometimes too, although my step-dad is still down there, I don't visit as often as I should.
Chat soon, bro!

Pete said...

I am amazed that my sight was restored as quickly as it did. I wish I had done this sooner. Live and learn. I miss SoCal for the memories that will never happen again. But a visit down memory lane never hurt once in a while! I am bringing my KBs down for a photo op at the beach. I hope they come out!

I look forward to catching up with you in person.

Mark Reifkind said...

man I need to get that surgery badly! I have a new type of contacts that lets me wear contacts for the first time and its so much better than glasses I cant imagine what lasik is like!

sounds like you are getting the hang of the WD perfectly.

Franz Snideman said...

Nice to see you doing some sprints...even on a treadmill!!

Rock on Blindo!! :)

Just kidding.

Pete said...

Rif,

I can't recommend LASIK enough. The worst part is the drive to the doctor. My nerves were so shot, I felt like I was going to throw up! I am getting to be more of a big baby as I get older. After they gave me 2 valium, I was ready for the Pink Floyd light show! My doctor was amazing, and he kept me calm. The best way to describe having corrected vision is like waking up with brand new contacts every morning. Clear and comfortable without having to take them out. BLINDO no Mo! :)

Franz, how does thursday look on your schedule for a visit? Sometime in the afternoon? Yes, I do like the sprints, even on a treadmill....have to catch my "kill" before the feast. Maybe I am getting a little kooky on this warrior diet...... :)