Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Keeping it Going!

Had a great week training so far. Workout B on monday increase in the weight, and ran 3 miles today. Had a good cheat day, but back on track with the nutrition for week 2.

Had a great conversation with Joe Sarti today. I called Ken to confirm him coming to the academy tomorrow (wed.) and he was with Joe. We are very fortunate to be in a position where we influence other people's lives with what we do. There are few things more gratifying than training someone and they exceed their own capabilities. I had the proud moment of a marathon runner (recruit in the current class) tell me he had just hit his 4 mile PR time today, and he attributed it to the type of training that we do in PT. He was really surprised since he runs much less than he did before the academy. They learn from me and I learn from them.

I have learned from my mentor, Dan DeLeon this concept. If you want to know how good a teacher someone is, don't watch the teacher, watch their students. That is what I hope to show with my work in the academy. (although, I definitely want to model my role as their teacher by looking the part, too!)

2 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Awesome job Pete. I have no doubt that your influence will leave a legacy of excellence and higher standard of physical excellence.

Keep it rocking brother!

Pete said...

Thanks alot, Franz! You must all know that you have all influenced me in one way or another, and that transfers over to the recruits.