Monday, October 16, 2006

Revolution Kettlebell Fat Loss Program

Today marks the first day of starting the 12 week program from Franz and Yoana Snideman's Revolution Kettlebell fat loss program. I started by writing down my bad habits that have gotten me to the level of body composition where I am at right now. The reflection in the mirror does not lie, both physically and mentally.

I am following their workout design from the book to make this as simple to follow. Right now i am so busy at work that even something like following a prewritten program design will help with time management. Nutrition and portion control will be key for me.

When I was feeling a little overwhelmed by everything on my plate, Rif writes a great post (Sunday Oct. 15th's post) that really got me in the gut. Life is good. I can either "karate do" or "karate do not" get squished if stand in the middle. My students are performing better with kettlebells, and that is making me proud and motivated. I will keep you all updated on my progress.

7 comments:

Ken Black said...

Good luck Pete.

Anonymous said...

excellent. I beleive there is either moving forwards or moving backwards. there is no standing still.Goals and deadlines bro, goals and deadlines.

glad I could motivate.

Pete said...

thanks Ken and Rif. I watched the RKC preview clip and that got me realizing about where I was a few months ago compared to now. Very sobering.

Day 3 and holding strong with nutrition and training.

Franz Snideman said...

Good luck with the program Pete!

Please keep us posted and if you ever have any Q's please contact me.

Train with purpose!

Tommy Shook said...

Pete, glad to see you hanging tough. An old friend and colleague of mine once told me "Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'!"
I have been following that credo ever since.
If you need a kick in the arse from time to time, let me know;).

Best,

Tom

Ken Black said...

Get in line Shook;) LOL

Pete said...

Thanks, Franz. I certainly will keep you posted. I can tell you the cardio aspect is not lost on me! Whew... nice combination of exercises on workout A and B in the first cycle.

Boy, there are universal truths, and one is nutrition is almost just as important if the not the same as your intensity levels of training. Whole foods are generally better than shakes and bars, but the shakes and bars are easier to lug around and will work in a pinch when time is an element. The cost is usually the same or less than eating out at any fast food joint, even if you order the healthy items on the menu. My menu changes slightly but not too much to keep it simple., but the menu is basic in nature. Protein, carb, a little fat. 2 meals that have done the trick for me so far in the morning have been as follows:

(6 egg whites, cut broccoli, cut squash,cilantro, tomato, green onions- whole wheat tortilla (or brown rice) and green tea.)
or

1 small sweet potato, one can of tuna, green onions, tomato, broccoli, and half a cup of coffee. (i weaned off coffee the last three days....missed it too much and had a very small cup.)

Thanks Tom for sharing your credo. I am not sure if I really ever had a credo. I hd one for years from my academy days, "If you quit, you die!" I guess that certainly applies here too! Quitting training or eating for health will certainly contribute to a faster demise.

Goals and deadlines, nothing could be further from the truth. I am looking forward to the Steve Maxwell's bear crawl final test with the new RKC students in April!