Friday, October 06, 2006

Road trip from Chicago

Was gone this past weekend on an almost non-stop (42 hrs on the road, with 4 hrs at a motel for a quick sleep) truck drive from Chicago to Lake Almanor, Ca. Almost covered the entire country on interstate 80. Food intake reflected the drive.....ate like a trucker! I am in the process of a good detox with vegetable juices and distilled water to flush out the toxins from the road.

This week's workout are as follows:

Mon.
Swings 16kg 20/20 L/R 1min.
20/20 L/R
20/20 L/R

Bike 40 mins.

Tues:
Tempo run 100 x 8

Wed.
Circuit
Swings---Pushups-----Stepups-------SeeSaw Press-----Jump Rope
20 mins.

Thursday:

3.5 mile run

Previous week's workout

Mon:

1.5 mile run (easy run to clear the pipes)

Tues:
Bulgarian Split Squat w/20 lb DB
10/10 L/R x 5

Reverse Barbell Curl
75 5 x 5

Rotator Cuff band pulls to the center line
20/20 x 5

Wed:

Rotator cuff pulls away from the center line

10/10 x 3

High Pulls
16kg 10/10 x 5

Keeping it simple just to stay sane while the academy is cranking up the intensity.

Sorry for the long time between posts. I will keep on posting, and I definitely check out the Norcal/Socal alliance blogs on a regular basis. You guys help keep my sanity, and keep me motivated!

8 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

That road food can kill ya! Glad to see you posting and training!

Keep fighting the good fight!

Tommy Shook said...

Hey welcome home man!! You have a good groove going with your short and sweet sessions. I know it seems like you could/ should be doing more at times, but how do you feel?

Pete said...

You got that right, Franz! Looking at the poor souls sucking their cigarettes and chowing on grease made me realize they do that regularly! I couldn't handle it past the two really BAD (for you) meals I had.

Thanks Tom! I know that you are cut from the same scheduling cloth, brother! I feel good, like I know I could try to do more, but this is keeping me sane. My big issue is making sure I don't overdo it and get injured due to the academy mission. We will be running double academies in Nov. and I will be starting up a new PT program.

Even tho I have been absent from the blogs, my brothers in strength are always on my mind.

Train well.

Ken Black said...

Good to have you back Pete. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Anonymous said...

ah thats where you were!lol. road trips, havent done that in awhile.and yes eating like that can kill you, or just make you feel like dying.
good goal( avoiding injury) while doing all that PT teaching.just always do a little bit less than you think you should. glad you are back bro.

Pete said...

Good to back, my brothers.

Ken, it was good talking to you yesterday! Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Franz Snideman said...

More posts????

Ken Black said...

Franz stop trying to steal Rif's job! LOL