Friday, January 26, 2007

Sac Police Academy has a blog!


The Sacramento Police Academy now is using the blog medium to document the lives of selected recruits as they go through the academy. As such, they are also introducing staff, as well. I was the first to be posted on, and this is the picture they put on the blog (w/ the 40kg, of course!)
I have been sick and swamped at work, but, damnit, that's no excuse for some sort of workout! Had a great time at Ken's workshop last saturday, and catching up with Modesto RKC, Chuck Halbakken. It is always good to watch Ken train, and Chuck had great pearls of wisdoms and observations to share.
Just caught on about the departure of Senior RKCs, Steve Maxwell and Steve Cotter. I wish them the best. Fortunately, there remains immensely skilled and knowledgeable Sr. RKCs currently in place, especially Northern Cal's own Rif! I probably shouldn't have mentioned West Coast, eh? There seems to be some type of East Coast/West Coast thing going on? Haven't we learned anything since Tupac and Biggie? LOL
The Rifstonian will undoubtedly lead the charge from the front. Now I am seriously bummed I got my time off to go to the April RKC cancelled. Give 'em hell, Rif!
Past week's workout:
Last Friday: GTG pullups (behind a damn computer screen banging away on my MIDP projects) 30
Saturday: Ken's workshop. Got sick as a dog afterwards, but still had a quick lunch with Ken and Chuck.
Monday: Swings with 24kg (keeping it basic)
40-20-10-30-20-20-20-20-20-20= 220 swings
Breaks in between each set long enough to bring my HR down and catch my breath. total time in training, 22 mins. Some breaks were longer due to parenthood calling.
Tues. bench and deadlift session
Bench
135x5
185 x 5
205 x 5
220 x 3
240 x 2
260 x 1 (PR)
Deadlift
135 x 3
185 x 3
280 x 2
225 x 3 (8 sets with 90 secs rest in between)
Band pressdowns
2 sets of 40

5 comments:

Chuck said...

Nice work Pete! Pulls and pushes. Great seeing you Sat
Chuck

Pete said...

Thanks Chuck, always a good time!

Franz Snideman said...

Cool Pete. Maybe I didn't see the link, but where is the link to the Police Academy Blog you were talking about?

Nice training, keep it up brother!

Pete said...

Franz,

if you click on the title, that will direct you to the SacPD blog.

Mark Reifkind said...

Hell yes I will Pete, and thanks for the vote of confidence!onward and upward.