Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I train those who hunt bad guys



It is always great when your former students tell you how what you taught them helped them in the field. One of recently graduated officers took time to send me an email and thank me for the skills they learned in my class. They then told me how it helped them to handle picking up a violent domestic violence abuser who had been hobbled off the ground. If you had seen her at the start of the academy, you would have thought, no way would she be doing that in 8 months. It makes me very thankful for the training I received from the RKC to be able to pass that on to those who use it for more than sports or aesthetics.

(The pic posted is chemical agents day with the last class. I am in the front of the crowd in the smoke with my right hand held up.)

I trained with the class today for PT. Swings, high pulls, side step swings, and snatches. I showed them the bear crawl since they had all been wanting to try that since viewing the RKC trailer from Denmark. After class, I worked 3 sets of snatches with the 24kg 16L/16R x 3 60-120 secs. rest to work on my form and breathing to get ready for my snatch test in Sept. It felt good.

I am sorry to hear that Tom Shook is no longer blogging. Tom is a great guy, we met at the April 2006 RKC and I hope that his future travels bodes him well.

Ken, you are still in my family's thoughts and prayers. I hope you get my messgaes.

2 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

That must feel very gratifying to see your students go out there into the real world and kick butt! It because of your awesome teaching Pete!

Hope everything is well and yes, Ken and Laurie our definitely in our prayers as well!

Pete said...

It is very gratifying to see the fruits of our work. My mentor taught me his instructor mission statement which I have adopted as my own: We teach so that others may live.

Here is another link that of my students. She is the first female officer in her department.
http://www.theunion.com/article/20070601/NEWS/106010168&SearchID=73284152539228