Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thurs. workout

Have enough time to write this down from today.
Warmup: 100 jumping jacks, Halos with 12 kg KB 10L/10R, H2H with 12 kg KB 2 mins. FTW squat (slow stretch down, 3 sets of 5) Cossack Side stretch, Power breathing 5 sets of 3 (very intense full body contraction with each breath).
DARCs

12kg

20, 30 with flipping the handle down/juggling, 30 with flipping the handle up= 80 reps

16 kg

20, 30 w/flipping the handle down, 30 w/flipping the handle up x 3= 150 reps

Snatch

16 kg

10/10 10 sets= 200 reps (focusing hard on technique- felt better as the sets neared the end.) I am having fun with the H2H juggling. I think I just needed to have a little fun with them.

Later on, I worked mitts with the recruits on their pugilistics (boxing) training day.

5 comments:

Tommy Shook said...

Did someone say pugilistics??!!

Nice stuff pete, I know you're really bust but thanks for posting these nuggets. When you get a chance check out my main website, I'v made some changes and you might like some of what we're up to over here in the hills.

P.S. Would a fireman be able to participate in a TS workshop or is it only for LEO/ Military types?

Pete said...

Hi Tom,

Great to hear from you, bro! I hope all is well with you in the hills. I would bet Pavel would allow it, especially for a public safety RKC the focus of the exercises apply to LEO/Military duties.

Yes, we have pugilistics in the academy! I am very proud of our pugilistics day. It is methodically planned out so that even those with no experience get the reason WHY we do the training. Major personal growth occurs after the event, not the "i just got beat up" feeling.

I look forward to checking out your new website.

Pete said...

Tom,

is it still traintoevolve.com?

Mark Reifkind said...

good Pete, keep it going man!

Pete said...

Thanks Mark!