Thursday, September 27, 2007

Training

Training has been hectic since the RKC. I have been keeping my weight down (I hit 188 for the first time in years). I need to get my body fat checked to see how much weight loss is lean body mass as well. MIDP work is coming to an end, but it has been revision, revision, revision til the very end! UGH!

Yesterday: No time to train- so I did 250 2 hand swings with the 16 kg. Sets of 25. Due to an interruption, it took me 15 minutes. Still, the heart was pounding pretty nicely.

Tues. warm up
100 swings w/ 16 kg. 5 sets of 20.

Circuit from Alwyn Cosgrove's Afterburn.
Squats/20 x 3 (135)
T-pushups 8 l/r x 3
Step ups 20 x 3
Pulley row to neck- 20 x 3
Supine Hip Extension Leg Curl on Swiss Ball (20 x 3- These were hell on the hammies!)
Ball sit ups 20 x 3 with 16 kg kb

Ok, I went for the reps and quick turnaround instead of pushing major weight. I wanted to feel the training then vary up the weights. I know, I can be a big chicken, but I will be going away for some training this weekend.

Monday. Trained a Roseville officer/former student. Showed him some of the finer techniques of kb lifting. Excellent athlete, and quick learner. He will be more of a monster once he trains with KBs more on a regular basis. Didn't keep track of what I did for myself, but I did some double and single jerks for anywhere from 30 secs to 2 mins.

Ok, back to MIDP work. oh yes, it's 4 am in the morning, and I have been up since 2:45!

2 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Pete,

sometimes during those hectic periods of time just getting any training in is better than nothing. That seems to be my life story.

And congratulations on hitting 188. You are becoming the poster child for our fat loss program!

Just kidding. But hopefully some of the principles of the book helped you!

Be well bro! Thanks for the call the other day!

Pete said...

Franz,

Your book was great, and it definitely turned me onto appreciating the concept of minimal to no rest during sets with the kettlebell. Up to then, my idea of training to lose weight was running (which I am not a huge fan of long distance running).

Alwyn Cosgrove used the phrase, Methods are many, principles are few, Methods often change, principles never do. I enjoy finding the consistency and commonality of principles of the Revolution Fat Loss book, Turbulence training, and Afterburn. Truth is truth!

(If there are any readers to this blog, BUY FRANZ'S and YOANA'S BOOK FIRST!) :)