Friday, October 26, 2007

On the road back

The flu and subsequent shut down really messed me up! I am worlds better now. Taking it slowly getting back. I definitely lost lean muscle. :( but still weighing 190.

Tues: First kb workout in eons.
warmup
Swings 16 kg 20/20
LCCJ: 16 kg. 15/15 x 2

Double 16s LCCJ 16 reps/2:00 min. 8 per minute.
Single 24 kg. LCCJ Alt. arms each minute
7/7/7/7 (4:00)
8/8/8/8 (4:00)

Jump squat with bar 20 reps
Jump squat bar + 20 kg: 20 reps.
(I have never done these before- felt good, but kicked my butt after the kb work).
Jog 15 mins.

Wed.
Pugilistics day at the academy. Played Mit-man with the recruits. Worked a little sweat from that. Sore from Tues. workout.

Thurs. My colleagues convinced me to work a BJJ session with them. Hour long session- felt very refreshing! Over stressed in the first round, and gassed out. Relaxed in later rounds, and did not gas out at all. Learning to relax under a weight is a definite skill that carries over to BJJ.

Frid. work behind a computer, but I will get a session in later. Graduation from MIDP is next week!

2 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Pete,

interesting observation regarding the carryover from learning to relax with a weight and being able to relax in BJJ.

No need for any scientific "research" in that area. Your body is letting you know what is working and is helpful for your body.

Tommy Shook said...

pete, glad you're feeling better and clearing the last hurdle for your MIDP-good on you bro, I know how hard you have worked for that and you deserve a vacation! Well done my brother.