Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Sport Specific Training in Rocklin, Ca.


Monday:

AM- Ran 2.5 miles with the class and called cadence. (Certainly adds a difference dimension while on a run!)

PM- I went to Sport Specific Training in Rocklin (about 35 mins east of Sacramento) and had a training session with former San Fracisco 49er Dan Bunz. This was in part because one of my co-workers trains there and wanted to share some of that Crossfit pain! The dynamic drills he put us through were quite a workout in itself. Then a prescription of 21-15-9 of box jumps, ring rows, dumbell thrusters, 200m rows, and pushups. I had to stop halfway due to a strange paiin in my right knee. Too much impact on it, I believe.

The funny thing was training with a bunch of high school athletes in the class. I outweighed many of them by 80- 100 lbs, and they moved their feet very fast. While they were talking some friendly smack ( I think they enjoyed teasing some "ossifers",) I C & P their heaviest KB (32kg) and asked how many of you can do this? No volunteers. All in good fun:)

Tues: tried an EDT upped body workout since my right knee decided to tell me that I put way too much impact on it from monday's workout.

Superset:Dips and pullups 24 sets, total mins. 14:45
dips-total-46 x 205 =9,430 lbs
pullups-total (same)

Band triceps pushdowns 3 x 20
Situp with medball (12lb. heaviest at the academy gym) toss 3 x 20

That's all for now. My newest student on the kettlebell.....so far all she can do it pat the bell!

3 comments:

Ken Black said...

Nice pic Pete. She going to be outlifting you soon;)

Tommy Shook said...

Beautiful Pete!!! Favors her mom, I think;)!

Pete said...

Ah, the apple of my eye, she is. Keeps me properly sleep deprived, but I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world!