Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Tuesday's Workout

AM run with the recruits 2 miles (interval run).

Got some ropes from the SWAT team, and they are letting us store them at the academy. Saves me the financial burden from buying them myself. So, of course, I am now implementing them in my training. And of course, the recruits will be introduced to them tomorrow. I am fortunate that the powers that be trust our opinion when buying equipment. I purchased some leather Thai kicking bags (6 ft. long) from Ringside.com. They are excellent bags! I will have to post a pic of them on an upcoming blog. I also have a double end bag that I haven't really played around with much, but I am going to hook it up tomorrow.

Rope Waves:
trying them out
6 x 15 secs

Then superset:
Waves - band pulldowns (high to low with changing footwork/stances)
3x 15 sec + 40-50 pulldowns

Break

BUC + chins
(1,2,3,4) x 2

Felt good, but after I cooled down, felt a nagging twinge in my right shoulder. Will Ice and rub it tonight. It better go away by morning.

6 comments:

Ken Black said...

Hope it is feeling better today Pete! Thanks for the tire also! Good fun:)

Franz Snideman said...

Awesome Pete! I like seeing you guys using the ropes!

How are you liking the ropes?

Joe Sarti said...

How is that shoulder? Hope it heals up fast. Ropes are cool ;-)

Pete said...

The shoulder feels much better, thanks ll! The ropes were fantastic! I tried it on my recruits today, and they were amazed at how simple yet devastating they were. There is something very warrior-like with the ropes.

Tommy Shook said...

AHH the Thai, aka banana, bags...good fun, and great for shin conditioning. I used to have a teardrop bag that I brought home from Thailand that i filled up with dand and dry cement and saw-dust..ooohwee! Gave the shins and knees an unreal treat!
I am a HUGE fan of the double-end bag. I never used a conventional speed bag when I was fighting, but the double-end bag is a close as it gets to an actual human head..moving and weaving. Great for developing a blazing jab with good timing and rhythm. Listen to me..getting all nostalgic! Enjoy the toys Pete..stay strong brother!

Pete said...

Thanks Tom! Aren't you a little young to be nostalgic? :)