Wednesday, August 30, 2006

SST @ the Academy















Big Dan Bunz, 2 time Super Bowl linebacker for the 49ers and Valentino Garcia, both of Sport Specific Training (Crossfit affiliate) visit the academy to watch our PT and guest train the recruits. They ran a list of dynamic drills, and finished the end of PT with the Tabata Squats. Dan showing the rest period in the down position.

My training protocols had 4 separate stations which included sled pulls, body weight calisthenics, band pulldowns, power rope ball, plyo box step ups, med ball throws, ring rows, and running stairs. A good time had by all!

I openly invite all of the California RKCs to make a guest appearance anytime at the academy. I know my recruits would get a kick out of it. They are a motivated and dedicated bunch of people!

8 comments:

Pete said...

Oops, I forgot to add KETTLEBELLS! How could I forget my favorite balls of iron????

Tommy Shook said...

I can't come into the "lion's den"..too many outstanding warrants!!
Just giving you grief bro..you got a good thing going on up there man.

Pete said...

Thanks bro....lion's den?LOL......more like the bear cave....sometimes you eat the bear, someimes the bear eats you! I realize I am very fortunate to be allowed to do the things that I do.

Ken Black said...

Glad the shoulder is doing well Pete. Catch up soon.

Franz Snideman said...

Awesome brother! Sounds like an awesome workout Pete!

I need to make a guest appearance and put a hurt on your guys!

Be well!

Pete said...

Franz, that would be awesome! Anytime, bro, they would love it. :)

Tim Dymmel said...

I'm a friend of Joe and Rif.

What academy are you working with? In what context? I'm trying to get into law enforcement in Colorado now.

Tim

Pete said...

Tim,

I am with the Sacramento PD academy. I am a sworn officer, and part of the academy staff. I am the lead PT instructor there, among other things.

Good luck with getting on with Law Enforcement in Colorado. I belive their State Patrol have a great PT program. I see their facility on crossfit.

Thanks for the props, Rif!