Saturday, August 19, 2006

Workout with Ken
















Two RKCs in the park, 2 kettlebells, 20lb medball, liquid chalk, empty playground= Fun and PAIN!

(#1 Pic- Ken doing a reverse dip, #2 pic- the aftermath!)

The workout below was taken from Ken's blog, and is a breakdown of what we did. Ken kept on me, wouldn't let me quit when I was whining about just recovering from being sick! :) A good reminder to myself that one ALWAYS has a little more in the tank. THANKS KEN FOR THE BOOT IN THE BUTT! Mind over matter....the only thing was I could not get the BU presses with the 24kg, so I did Mil. Presses instead. I REALLY liked how I felt doing the pullups after the BU cleans.

BU cleans # 50 1,2,3,4,5Pullups 1,2,3,4,5BU presses #50 1,2,3,4,5Rows (upside down) 1,2,3,4,5CircuitJumps onto & off stepKB slams w/step back #20 (changed to these after 2nd round)Med ball squat throw #20Snatches #50Jog approx 110 metersRepsjumps 3, 6 change to KB slams 18, 24, 6, 12, 18, 6, 12, 6Med ball throw 3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3 = 30 repsSnatches 3,6,9,12,3,6,9,3,6,3 = 60 reps/armJog 110 m x 10

7 comments:

Pete said...

all pics were taken with a Canon Powershot S2IS

Ken Black said...

Pete you better mention who took the pics;)
It was great working out with you bro. See you soon.

Pete said...

oooops...my beautiful wife and daughter too those pics! It was a blast, Ken! I look forward to the next workout :)

Mark Reifkind said...

nice post and pics dude.brothers in iron. where are failing with the BU press Pete?

Pete said...

Good question Rif. On reflection, I think my tension was not zipped up sufficiently, and I should have went to more solid ground (was on the wood chips of the playground floor). I am going to work on BUP.

Mark Reifkind said...

lats lats lats baby!

Pete said...

Thanks for the 411, Rif. More lat tension...will get back to you on the progress with the BUP!