Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Getting ready for the RKC!

Ok, I am back from being sequestered at the Hacienda in Old Town San Diego! MIDP went well, I am almost completed with the Master Instructor Development Program!!!!

Didn't do as much training while I was there, altho I was happy to have my TNT cables. Did a ton of rows, presses, clean and presses, and squats with them.

Ken's workshop was outstanding, and he had a great turnout! I was very happy for Ken. He is a fantastic instructor. I had a colleague, the Sacramento Fire Coach attend the course, and he was very complimentary of Ken's style and ability to teach. Not bad coming from someone who is a USA Weightlifting coach and CSCS.I knew he would appreciate Ken's level of instruction.

My hand healed up, tore more callouses, and fortunately, they weren't bad tears. I taped it up, and did some work, but I was worried, let me tell you!

I took it somewhat easy early in the week,

Swings 16kg
20 x 5= 100

Snatch 24 kg
5/5 x 3 (this is when I tore my calluses. I was irritated with that)

Finished off with jerks

24kg

20/20

32 kg
10/10

Tues:
Did a circuit of 8 exercises:
Bulgarian Split Squat
Hip extensions on ball
pulldowns
pushups
DB squats
DB see-saw press
single leg hip extensions
low rows.

rest was minimal- 15-30 secs. max.

Wed.
Max V02 drills with 16 kg
40 rounds.

(Trained with an officer preparing for the police olympics/boxing. He won bronze last year, and can get gold this year. Implementing kettlebells this go-round. I loaned him my Power to the Punch as well as trained him in several exercises. (Swing (1 and 2 hand), snatch, high pull, TGU, hot potato, swing to a catch, DARC swings) He has 6 weeks before the fight. Looking forward to having fun training him.

That's it for now. 7 days before I leave for St. Paul! I am with Team Jason Brown.

3 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Nice Pete! Have a wonderful and fun time at the RKC! It really is always such a fun experience!

Mark Reifkind said...

Pete! didnt know you were assisting, can't wait to see you again dude!

Pete said...

Thanks Franz, I am already getting butterflies at the fun I'll have! :)

Mark, I am looking forward to seeing you as well! The whole family is coming again. I am fortunate to have such a great support team!