Tuesday, August 14, 2007

RKC snatch numbers-completed

Quick entry:
Yesterday: JM drills and KB intro and demo to the new academy class. 57 recruits! It's a big class for sure.

I didn't count how many swinggs,front squats, snatches i did with the 24kg in my intro/demo, but it was a good warmup.

After PT, I tested my snatch numbers for my weight class right now (under 198) and I hit it. 64. Self critique- i lost a little form at the end. My mental focus was off, and my right hand grip started to get pumpedat the last three reps. All reps done hard style with no GS corkscrew.

After a good rest, i worked on my form 10/10 x 3 and 5/5 x 1 with my eyes closed. I felt my form got much more tighter and I focused on rooting my feet into the ground, breathing, hip snap, and punch at the top.

Good times!

2 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Congratulations Pete! Great job on hitting your snatch numbers!!!

Pete said...

Thanks Franz! It was a relief to hit them, and still feel like I could do more. That Max V02 stuff seems to work well for me. I will give you a call soon.