Thursday, July 26, 2007

Warmup:
I know my musical selection is a little unorthodox. It is Yo-Yo Ma from "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon." I read a study many years ago that said athletic performance was better when listening to mellow music as compared to the thrash metal, or high intense dance beats. I know for 1RM, I usually prefer Metallica or ACDC, but for aerobic work with mental focus, for me, I am more centered with the mellow stuff.




Last 1 min. (Sorry about the bad camera angle)



This workout: Max V02 for 42 sets. It was probably 95 degrees in the gym. This is the gym at the academy.

Yesterdays training:

Darcs w/ 12 kg
50, got interrupted then 1 min on, 1 min off. x 10. 40,42,42,42,42,40,40,4040,40= 458 reps
11,908 lbs
rest 10 mins.
1 arm swings 20 kg 30-60 secs rest bewtween sets

5/5/5/5 x 5 sets= 100 reps 3600 lb

1 arms swings 24 kg

5/5/5/5 x 5 sets = 100 reps 5400 lbs

total reps 658
total weight= 20,908

I have to give all the credit to following this type of high rep/high volume work to the Reifkinds, and Kenneth Jay. I feel pretty damn good and I should be coming to the Sept RKC lighter than I have been in years. I should say WILL be. "should" implies maybe. Also, thanks to Ken and Franz for their motivating words of encouragement. I feel very blessed to find so much from something so seemingly simple.

3 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

You are a work capacity machine! No doubt you are getting in shape and more conditioned!

Keep it up brother!

Tim Dymmel said...

Pete,

That is one impressive facility at the academy! If only we had had anything close. And now if we only had something at the PD that nice.

Nice work on the max vo2.

Are you losing lb's? You look a bit leaner.

Dymmel

Pete said...

Hi Tim,

I am very fortunate to have access to a full volume weight room, and we have an all-surface track outside. I had some of my recruits do the V02 max as a substitute for a long run we had, and they completed 50 sets!

I have gotten some weight loss from the max V02, I am around 192 instead of 205. What a difference a few pounds make!

Franz, I think this is a good groove for me right now! Once this MIDP thing is over, I want to deadlift again. :)