Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Feeling Better!

But, I still thought I should ease back into my workout. It is better to proceed slowly until I feel 100% complete. Still,

JM drills- 10 mins.

Snatches 24kg 5, 10, 5, 10, 5 , 10

Side bends 2-24kg 5-10-10

That's all she wrote. I felt like I purged some of the bad ju-ju out of my body.

It makes you realize that sometimes, we take our health for granted. I read on Franz Snideman's blog about having to take his wife to the ER. Now, his wife, Yoana, is an extremely fit and strong person. Just check out their blog and stats! But, she self admittedly talked about creating balance in life. That really hit home with me since I am a workaholic with my two separate job related demands, as well as this quest of continued fitness called KB lifting. Getting rocked with this bug is nothing compared to Yoana's experience (she is well, now, thank God!) but it is a self-reminder to prioritize and create balance.

8 comments:

Tommy Shook said...

Pete, I'm glad you're feeling better. It is true that one must be a bit cautious..it is easy to overextend yourself. I actually took a few days off of training this week for that very reason....recovery is important. Be strong, be well!

Pete said...

On the road to recovery! Hey Tom, FYI, Pavel is coming to Sacramento for an Abs and Stretching seminar through the Learning Exchange on Sept. 30. Let me know if you are going, I will be there!

Ken Black said...

Good to see you feeling better Pete! Listen to your body!

Tommy Shook said...

Pete,
I might be able to swing that. FWIW, I sort of ran out of time before the level 2 RKC, I'm leaving on Thursday, but when I get back I am planning to come your way and get messed up in Mr. Black's garage again.

Pete said...

Have a blast at the level 2 Tom. Man, time flies when you blink.

Franz Snideman said...

Glad to hear you are striving for more Balance. Easy to talk about, hard to apply. We are going through the same thing Pete. It's hard to shut down the ambitious drive to work, work, and work some more. Work is a blessing, and an important part of life. But not at the expense of your health. work hard, but also rest hard too.

Pete said...

work hard and rest hard. I like that. We hear too much about work and play hard, but how many times have we come back from a vacation, and have been glad to be back home to rest?

I have not posted lately due to prioritizing, and not pushing myself to work out too hard. First workout today....will post laster. nothing too crazy.

Pete said...

work hard and rest hard. I like that. We hear too much about work and play hard, but how many times have we come back from a vacation, and have been glad to be back home to rest?

I have not posted lately due to prioritizing, and not pushing myself to work out too hard. First workout today....will post laster. nothing too crazy.