Sunday, May 07, 2006

Time to Take the Bulldog out for playtime

Sunday's workout:

I thought I would be spent from working in the yard but, a catnap and lots of water later, it was time to take the bulldog out to play.

JM drills
halo 16 kg 10L/10R
Swings 24kg 2 x 10

Swings 40kg 5 x 10

Clean 40kg 3 x 3

Snatch 24kg 3 x 10

Cool down:
Good morning stretch 40 kg
Sun Salute with 16kg

I am constantly amazed at the difference of how I feel training with KBs compared to lifting traditionaly weights. I had purchased those expensive Power Blocks, and I have not used them anywhere near as much as I have used KBs. Plus, even though I was tired, focusing onn technique and just getting an agressive attitude to KB lifting lifts your spirits up. I feel ready to start the week! Less than 8 weeks until the current academy class graduates. It's going to get busier!

2 comments:

Tommy Shook said...

Pete, Nice job with the bulldog man, I am afraid to get near one of those!
Its a done deal, i bought my plane ticket for the level 2 in June. Let me know if you want to order KB's as I'll be making an order when I'm there.

Pete said...

Thanks Tom, don't be afraid, my Bully won't bite....much! :)

I will definitely let you know if I want to order more KBs in June. Thanks!