Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Updated training

Monday's workout:

I ran a kettlebell class with some of my students (small group of 10) and I worked out with them.
JM drills puls halos (10L/10R)
Basic re-introduction to the swing, corrected the form.
Swing into A KB throw
High Pull
Swing/High pull combo
Swing High pull/Snatch combo
Walking swings
Mil. Press
Front Squat
Squat Flip Clean
Renegade Row
One leg deadlift
Around the body pass
Figure 8
Overhead locked out walk, then walk with KB racked 100 ft each.
and finished it off with a 90 sec. round of swings.


TUES. WORKOUT

JM Drills 10 mins.

I did "A Minimalist Power Routine" from Pavel's blog.
Double snatch/double Mil. Press into a double front squat= 1 rep
1 rep per minute. Goal is 30.
I almost made 25 in 24 mins. I lost pressurization in the bottom of the front squat and I had to ditch the bells at rep 25.

Then I held a mini-seminar with 4 of my co-workers and taught them the following:
JM drills plus hip flexor stretch, and front squat
Swing (2 hand and 1 hand)
Swing/high pull
Clean
Swing/highpull/snatch
Mil press.
front squat
Around the body pass
Figure 8s
And finish off with a pass around the body.

Then, I got a wild hair and snatched the Bulldog 1 time left.
What a rush!

It has been good to practice with my students, and co-workers. It's about selling yourself and what you know. I think I have some new converts to the Party Method!

I am starting to fall asleep at the keyboard. Good night

No comments: